Social Media Marketing & Homebuilders: Turn the Funnel Upside Down
Spencer Powell had a great article in TMRDirect highlighting why social media works for homebuilders; you can read it here.
|Social Media Turns the Marketing Funnel Sideways!|
Powell suggests social media is somewhat of a game-changer in the marketing world. Previously, the traditional marketing funnel described client acquisition, conversion and retention.
Today, Powell suggests there has been a pivot to focusing on retention. Social media has created a process for consumers to interact with a company’s media platforms and obtain as well as spread information through digital word of mouth.
It used to be that word of mouth engagement was a slow, individualized process — and it utilized traditional media (newspapers, magazines, broadcasting) as well as actual conversation!
Today, builders are able to effectively start a conversation and disseminate information using visuals in social media. Some of the more popular uses — in addition to images of your homes (inside and out!) include:
- Post Community Updates — Your home shoppers want information so let them know about Grand Openings, community activities, Phase Openings.
- You might see a “Check Out My New Home” image in return!
- Highlight Neighborhood Events — Sharing information about the local area gives a sense of the area — which is key to purchase decisions.
- Should encourage local area businesses to get involved with your community!
- Give a “Behind the Scenes” Tour — Here’s another way to showcase your homes as well as the building process.
- Showcase a Field Manager providing a walkthrough!
|Social Media Wall Starts the Conversation!|
Take a look at CPS’ Social Media Wall bringing social media platforms inside the sales and information center. Your home shoppers have a single location to check out recent posts & Tweets as well as traditional marketing images and copy — and add their own. They’re now part of your conversation!