Customer Service 2019: A New Paradigm for Builders
Customer Service is Now the Customer Experience
No doubt you’ve heard: business is moving faster than ever — and the customer experience is becoming more of a top priority for all types of businesses.
But…what does that mean for you as a builder?
There seem to be 2 important components to today’s customer service concept:
- Customer service is critical to competing effectively. It’s not all about price, in other words. Check Yelp or Google restaurant comments if that doesn’t resonate.
- The customer process has expanded to be the customer experience — not just service after the sale. That means every touch point from prior to the sale, during the sales process and post-sale.
What Makes a Great Customer Experience?
|How “convenient” is your sales center?|
- A quick response time can help generate that remarkable WOW! moment you wish every customer experiences with your business.
- There are many ways to be convenient for your customer. Think about your sales center, as an example: are the hours convenient to your buyer demographic? Is there seating? Is it comfortable? How available is your team to answer questions; address issues? After hours?
- Digital transformation is personalizing; too many think it is static.
Using Personalized Technology to Enhance the Customer Experience
- Provide convenience — from the website to sales center to sales process, closing and post-sale. Innovative ways include: interactive kiosks to engage and inform your home shoppers as soon as they walk into the door. Use e-brochures; keep the paper weight down!
- Self-service is not only acceptable; it’s expected. Your buyers want information — and they want it now! Add web-based Portals to disseminate information about their home, your process and status updates. Self-service reduces friction — providing the desired convenience, as well!
- Make your operation consistent and predictable. Let home shoppers, buyers and homeowners know what to expect — and deliver to that expectation. Home shoppers and buyers gets anxious about the unknown; letting people know what is happening is critical; use web Portals to deliver construction and customer service information that’s already available in your organization. You’re not doing more work; just making access more convenient!