Co-Op Agents Helping Home Builders Sell to Millenials
This year, it seems, is all about Millennials. In 2015, they surpassed Baby Boomers as the nation’s largest living generation.
A recent John Burns Consulting report found that, by sheer numbers, the generation is huge and their impact on home design and home sales will be huge, as well.
|68% of Millennials interviewed only 1 resale agent!|
Those facts and studies make a recent Visual Capitalist article, Millennials are Buying Their First Homes and Here’s What They Want, particularly eye-catching.
Particularly this statistic: 90% used a real estate agent or broker to buy a home.
And, 68% interviewed only 1 agent.
44% self-identify as belonging to a minority race or ethnic group.
These numbers suggest that it is worthwhile getting your co-op agent game on!
We have several suggestions to develop and nurture your co-op agent pool:
- Make sure your CRM system enables you to identify and track co-agents and their prospects!
- Then, you’ll be able to send targeted emails to these agents highlighting available homes, features and special events.
- You’ll also be able to use your CRM system to manage special events, such as agent lunches and wine & cheese get togethers so you’re able to manage the invitation list and know who attended.
- Why not schedule “drop in” events at a local broker’s office and bring in a tablet with your community’s interactive touchscreen presentation pre-loaded. You can share your floor plans, options and local neighborhood amenities to remind them what is available at your community. How about a downloadable app available just for agents?
- Remember: your co-op agents need to be able to sell your location, features and amenities just like you do! Make it easy for them to do so by providing the materials they need.